in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,776 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

NARFSTAR's offerings

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46

topic icon Author Topic: NARFSTAR's offerings  (Read 320555 times)

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
Re: NARFSTAR's offerings
« Reply #625 on: December 22, 2009, 06:38:28 PM »

It's so darn hard for me to know what to say to people who go through times like this, no matter how people I've lost in my life or how many times my friends have lost people they love.  Everything I think to say sounds so cliche & hollow, but my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #626 on: December 22, 2009, 08:59:07 PM »

I know how you feel because others have faced loss and I did not know what to say. I consider many of you friends that I never physically met. I am leaving in the morning for PA. They are just keeping her comfortable. Hardest thing I have ever gone through and I know it will be harder when I am with family. I would rather mourn in private but know that I need to be there. I will be out of touch for a week as no internet at my mom's where I will be staying. Thanks for the concern guys it means a lot.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #627 on: December 22, 2009, 09:47:47 PM »

Hang in there Narf.  Whatever happens good or bad. 
The GAC gang will be here for you when you return.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #628 on: December 22, 2009, 09:50:26 PM »

It is up to the one and only YOC to keep the postings coming. Serj, Serj come back Serj!  Since this is a not so young bunch most can probably recognize where that parody line came from.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #629 on: December 30, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »

I had thought that I posted here that my mom had passed. I feel that "she" had gone on when she went to sleep Sunday night and had the stroke Monday morning. Her body was kept functioning n a ventilator until myself and two more grandchildren had a chance to say goodbye.
She will live on in our memories of course and all usable organs were used. Something I strongly believe in and if you feel the same let your family know. I look forward to receiving the letter from C.O.L.A to find out how many were helped. It makes me feel good knowing our loss will go for some good. The memorial service was nice. My cousin who is in between my age and my mom's told a story that makes me cry everytime I think of. When she just little and my mom was a teen, my mom was getting to go with the school to an amusement park. My cousin kept begging her don't go Jeanie don't go and my mom gave in and stayed with her. My cousin told some other stories then ended by saying "this is one time I really wanted to say 'don't go Jeanie don't go." Just typing this has me sitting here crying. My mom was one of the sweetest Christian women you would ever meet. If my mom could not get into heaven I am afraid most of us are in a lot of trouble.
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #630 on: December 30, 2009, 04:30:16 PM »

Well, there's just not much to say, I guess.  I'm probably speaking for everybody when I say that you have my condolences, your family will be in my thoughts as they heal, and I'm very sorry to hear that's the end of the story.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #631 on: December 30, 2009, 09:58:03 PM »

I had thought that I posted here that my mom had passed. I feel that "she" had gone on when she went to sleep Sunday night and had the stroke Monday morning. Her body was kept functioning n a ventilator until myself and two more grandchildren had a chance to say goodbye.
She will live on in our memories of course and all usable organs were used. Something I strongly believe in and if you feel the same let your family know. I look forward to receiving the letter from C.O.L.A to find out how many were helped. It makes me feel good knowing our loss will go for some good. The memorial service was nice. My cousin who is in between my age and my mom's told a story that makes me cry everytime I think of. When she just little and my mom was a teen, my mom was getting to go with the school to an amusement park. My cousin kept begging her don't go Jeanie don't go and my mom gave in and stayed with her. My cousin told some other stories then ended by saying "this is one time I really wanted to say 'don't go Jeanie don't go." Just typing this has me sitting here crying. My mom was one of the sweetest Christian women you would ever meet. If my mom could not get into heaven I am afraid most of us are in a lot of trouble.

Narf it pains me to learn of your loss. I just returned from my hometown and of the two most treasured visits I made while there was seeing my own mother and a friend's mother who turned 100 last Sunday.  You, your family, and your mother are in my thoughts.

B.
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #632 on: December 30, 2009, 10:09:14 PM »

You have my sympathy and my empathy, Narf.  I wish I had something wise to say; the closest I can come is to let you know that you are not alone.  The loss of a loved one is unique in ever case and I don't know _exactly_ what you're going through; but I and others have had a similar loss and you are not alone.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #633 on: December 30, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »

Welcome home Narf.
Thank-you for sharing your cousin's story.  I'm not ashamed to say I'm quite teary-eyed myself.  That was a lovely speech.  I guess in the end all we can hope for is to be remembered well and there's no doubt your Mom is that.

Take care,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #634 on: January 08, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »

NarfStar,

We have just met, and have shared a couple messages, so I don't know you as well as some of these good folks, but I just passed the 1 year anniversary of having lost my father, and feel like I understand some of what you feel. It has been a solemn year, and its odd how our perception the world changes in the aftermath of a parent's departure.  Hang in there, and thanks for the advice and kind words of encouragement.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #635 on: January 08, 2010, 09:05:39 PM »

All the support is really appreciated. I have uploaded our first file since coming back online. From JVJ is a scann of his photocopy of Star Ranger Funnies v2#5 now available.
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #636 on: January 08, 2010, 09:53:54 PM »

I'm late catching up again as a result of the forum being down and have just read the sad news.

What can I say Jim ? other then the fact my heart goes out to you, I lost my own mother in 1993 so know what you've been through.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

doccomix

message icon
« Reply #637 on: January 10, 2010, 02:22:23 PM »

Very sorry to hear about your loss, Nafstar. I've been there too...
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
All For Love
« Reply #638 on: January 10, 2010, 10:23:16 PM »

Now available from my printer's document feeder and Prize Comics
All For Love v1 #5
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
Re: All For Love
« Reply #639 on: January 10, 2010, 10:40:34 PM »

Now available from my printer's document feeder and Prize Comics
All For Love v1 #5

Interesting late Joe Orlando art on the cover and Take Me As I Am - FWIW.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Western Fighters v4 #3 c2c
« Reply #640 on: January 11, 2010, 02:11:38 AM »

Again thanks to my document feeder since I do not have time to sit and scan
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Choice 2 and Amazing Mystery Funnies v1 #3
« Reply #641 on: January 18, 2010, 05:27:35 AM »

Now available thanks to JVJ please consider contributing to the postage fund to keep them coming
ip icon Logged

eubiecat

message icon
« Reply #642 on: January 18, 2010, 06:33:17 AM »

Uh oh--two pages are missing in Choice Comics #2!!! Pages 50 and 51 are not included. It's easy to miss a couple of pages when scanning a Golden Age comic book...
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #643 on: January 18, 2010, 07:40:19 AM »

Nice catch Cat, I'm sure Narf will try and fix it asap.
ip icon Logged

eubiecat

message icon
« Reply #644 on: January 18, 2010, 04:22:06 PM »

Nice catch Cat, I'm sure Narf will try and fix it asap.

As said--it's all too easy to miss a spread, or a single page, when scanning one of these big boys. I'm happy to be able to see and read comics such as this one--so off-beat that they would never turn up anywhere else!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #645 on: January 18, 2010, 04:36:09 PM »

I agree. It is doubtful I would ever have gotten to hold a copy of any of these books without JVJ. Then getting them shared to all by scans is so cool. The room with my scanner is currently inaccessible. My son's best friend is staying with us for awhile or he would have become homeless on minimum wage. He works till close so is not up yet. I do not understand places that will hire and work several people at just a few hours when they could give an adult 39 hours a week regularly so they could try to make a living. I know they do not want to pay benefits but he needs hours. I will get those pages when he goes to work later.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Choice 2 missing pages
« Reply #646 on: January 25, 2010, 01:58:11 AM »

Fixed issue coming but here are the two pages for those who just want to add them.

ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #647 on: January 25, 2010, 04:53:43 AM »

Cool, thanks for posting the two pages for those of us that already had the rest of the book Narf.
:)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Centaur progress
« Reply #648 on: February 04, 2010, 03:54:28 AM »

We were off school Monday because of icy roads. TN has very little road clearing equipment. I was off so I scanned.
Amazing Mystery Funnies v2#3, World Famous Heroes 2 and Picture News 5 all for you.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #649 on: February 04, 2010, 04:21:08 AM »

WOW!
Now that what I call a busy day!   ;D

Thank-you Very Much Narf   :D
---
I hope you don't mind but I've also uploaded a merged copy of Amazing Mystery Funnies v2#3 adding the incomplete colour scans to the b&w version.  Both are now up.

Thanks again,
-Yoc
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:17:26 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.