in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Help with Downloads Please!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Help with Downloads Please!  (Read 3910 times)

farmboy

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: farmboy
message icon
Help with Downloads Please!
« on: June 10, 2008, 07:50:50 AM »

I keep getting ''error''. What's up? Thanks!
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
Re: Help with Downloads Please!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 07:55:24 AM »

And welcome to the forum farmboy checking out the Help section would likely solve your problem, specifically the FAQ thread.
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,399.0.html

If not perhaps a more specific description of what exactly the error is would be helpful.
ip icon Logged

farmboy

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 07:59:53 AM »

I'm trying to download Adventures into the Unknown No 1. The message I'm getting:

"ERROR! Error: Your session ID does not match the session ID for this download link. If you are following this link from our site, please report it to the admin.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin"

I don't understand. I just registered my account and was looking forward to seeing some Golden Age comics but ZILCH! What's wrong?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 08:01:41 AM by farmboy »
ip icon Logged

farmboy

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 08:10:34 AM »

I read thru the FAQs and did what I thought was correct but I'm still getting the ERROR alert. What am I doing wrong?
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 08:10:55 AM »

Have you activated you account yet, you should have received an email when you registered.
ip icon Logged

farmboy

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 08:14:29 AM »

Yes. I got an email and clicked on the link which took me to a profile page (I think).
ip icon Logged

farmboy

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 08:26:10 AM »

This is the message I get when trying to log in to the GA page for downloading.

"Error: Login failed... The password does not match the one in our records.
Failed inside $this->usertype->do_login()
. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin"

Am I supposed to log out of the forums page before trying to log in to the GA page? What am I doing wrong?

ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 08:55:59 AM »

You can be logged into both forum and download site at the same time so it would not be that just make sure when you type the password the cap lock is not on if you copy and paste it make sure there is not a space at the beginning and if your browser has remembered the wrong password you might need to clear it from the password manager. Unfortunately all the technical experts are asleep at the moment, one might be able to suggest something later that might be a bit more helpful.
ip icon Logged

Zog

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 10:21:42 AM »

farmboy

send either myself or aussie the password you are trying connect to the site with...then we can replace whatever password is in the site with that one.

I think that is the issue.

ip icon Logged

drofwarc

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: drofwarc
message icon
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »

Hi,
Another new guy here.
Sorry, for posting on this thread, but can't seem to find how to post otherwise.
This is a great site/resource, and thanks to everybody that's uploaded stuff here, it's much appreciated.
Two questions:
1. I've been downloading quite happily, but can't seem to open files from certain uploaders, most notably Golden Age Comics, and Cimmerian. That is, they download fine, but don't open in CBR. Others like Tigger and Darwinian always seem to open no problem (thanks guys).

2. I only have one physical copy of a golden age book, but it's a Simon & Kirby Romance comic, so may be not in the public domain. But, even so, I can't seem to make head nor tail of the uploading proceedure, so even if I had more comics, it doesn't seem likely that I'd be able to upload them. D'oh!
Anyway, my point is, I feel guilty as hell, just sitting here taking and not giving anything back, and so would like to make a donation to the cause. Only thing is, I don't do Paypal, I think it's a shit system and shouldn't be encouraged. As the site address is, .co.uk, I'm assuming that's it's run from Britain. Well, I live in Scotland, and would be able to send a cheque to someone if they let me know an address.

Thanks again for the opportunity to read some of these crazy old comics, they're much preferable to the buttock clenching angst being produced these days.

Keep Smiling.

David J.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.